Tuesday 16 August 2016

Maryana Golovchenko

This morning I had a small recording session at my home with Maryana Golovchenko.
She sang a beautiful traditional entitled "Oj, Na Gori Suhyj Dub" (A dry oak on the mountain).
I added some synth and just finished the mix. It sounds dreamy .. a bit like a little meditation.
You can listen here



It's funny when I told her I just returned from Biała Woda, we realized I was not really that far from where this tune actually comes from, which is a place in the area of the Eastern Carpathian Mountains..

Note: this song was extended with a beautiful cello melody by Maarten Vos in November during the preparations for HOME, a dance performance by Conny Janssen Danst. "Oj, Na Gori Suhyj Dub" is now available on CD at the performances of HOME.



Maryana and I recorded together before, our first recording was for Jump Cuts, a track called Field Trip:





Maryana at Womex

Maryana Golovchenko, Mehmet Polat , Oene van Geel:




Music for HOME

1 comment:

  1. Wat een práchtige track. Hopelijk zit er nog veel meer aan te komen in de toekomst?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.